Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hi, Tea

Last Wednesday, i spent a beautiful day in DC with my good friend Deane. We visited the Renaissance Mayflower hotel in Dupoint Circle, where we had high tea. When I was a little I used to set out colorful plastic tea cups and a pink kettle in which i put juice in, I'd pretend that i was sipping on hot tea and munching on the most delectable delights. I remember the excitement I felt every time I put together a pretend tea party. The same feelings of excitement as a child hit me having high tea for the first time, but this time there was no pretending here.The atmosphere at the Promenade was delightful, with the elegant chandler and the soothing classic music that was played. For those who dont know what high tea is, it is afternoon tea which is usually accompanied by light sandwiches and pastries

    We were greeted with warm smiles and gold shiny menus which listed a variety of loose tea 
Isnt it such a pretty sight?
 This meal included a selection of finger sandwiches, a good amount of pastries and other sweets, champagne, and of course tea and cream. I really enjoyed the Madeleine and the crab salad sandwich.
 It was hard for me to decide on the tea, I ended up picking the mountain spring jasmine. 
This was such a charming experience, sipping on tea, adoring the music, and having lovely chats with good company. I'd love to do this at least once a month, or i'd even love to plan a tea party, how adorable would that be? 




No comments:

Post a Comment