Monday, February 13, 2012

Stylish photo frame DIY

Currently listening to The general specific by The Band of Horses


These days ive been tacking a lot more projects than usual. Its probably cause most of my projects are simple and don't take much time and effort, but they are still darn good to look at and appreciate.For those you who want to display your photos and other nick-knacks in a stylish manner, i think this project would be perfect for you. It really is a easy project that doesn't require much material and you can probably find most of the supplies in your household. For this tutorial I'm not gonna go into that much depth with the instructions, but Im sure you guys will get the idea, and possibly even expand and get extra creative with this project.


Get a good sized frame that can accommodate the photos you want to display. I used a 12x8 plastic frame, you can either use a wooden frame or plastic. Grab yourself a glue gun, scissors, string, and clothes pins.


Since its February, I wanted to be festive and incorporate hearts in this project. You can find these cute heart clothes pins at Michaels craft store for only a dollar, or you can just use plain tiny clothes pins


Turn the frame backwards and measure out the amount of string you'll need to glue to your frame.
  Try to  make sure you give tension to the string when gluing it onto the frame, and use hot glue on the bottom and top of the string to keep it in place. 


Once the glue has dried you can start hanging the pictures on the string with the clothes pins and space them out to your liking. I used a few of my instagram prints which I purchased a while ago and cutouts. It really is as easy as it sounds. Happy Monday all you lovely people! 

4 comments:

  1. Dude, I LOVE this! Looks like I'll be on the hunt for a photo frame soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obsessed! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been wanting to do this for a long time... urs looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did something very similar to this, but I like yours a lot more!!!


    http://shalitaphotoclass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete