Thursday, June 11, 2015

home sweet home

For this post I wanted to share the details that dwell within the walls of our home. My hubby and I moved into our house in the middle of April of this year. When we first moved in we barely had any decorations and furniture for the living room, the only thing we had was a couch and some of the decoration we used for our wedding. So we had to start fresh and search around for goods to fill our living room with. Honestly we didnt have much money set aside for furniture and whatnot, our budget was pretty tight. So I first started off thrifting for small things that I could possibly revamp. Spent a great amount of time at Ross and Marshalls; I was surprised with the amount of neat stuff they carried, and of course the prices. Aside from shopping, a great amount of my time was also spent on crafting. Most of the wall décor was handmade, such as the macrame and collages. The overall feel I wanted to shoot for was a boho/urban style, lots of geometric shapes, soft colors but yet hints of bold colors here and there. 


I used gold hoops and tons of yarn to make this 3 piece wall decor. Hung this piece on top of our bookshelf and scattered below stuff I found from thrifting. There I found tons of cute teacups and transferred succulents into the cups. 



This is our little "fire place" which I personally think is a little chaotic as of right now. There is definatley alot of things going on, but I'll keep it like this for a bit until I figure out what else to do. 
We covered the fire place with fabric and strung across our polaroids and photobooth pictures. We also displayed our "love tree" from our wedding, which has all the sweet messages from our guest.


Purchased the hexagon mirrors at Ikea and hand painted an abstract design with acrylic paint. It took me forever to figure out the placement of the mirrors. 





This spot over here is my favorite area in the entire house. We snagged this gold tree trunk lamp for such a great deal at Marshalls and we also found the hexagon terraruim there as well--score! I also created this macrame wall decor and hung yarn in the middle to give it some flair.




Our sweet Ramona nestled in her favorite spot.


I'm obessed with rugs! I bought a couple aztec design rugs from TJMax and purchased the geometric rug from Urbanoutfitters. 


And this is the chair where I am currently plop down on as I finish this post. Hope you guys enjoy these photos! 


No comments:

Post a Comment